Programs and Services
Angels at Risk believes in the power of storytelling and we use it in all elements and aspects of our programs. It is through storytelling that all people find a common ground in their hearts. History has proven that the truth and innocence of all of our life stories illuminates hope and gives a means to help each other. We encourage everybody to share their story with each other. Our goal is to create a snapshot, a memory, a moment of encouragement for these families to reach out to other people in the community for help. We truly believe in the element of damage control. Our experience shows how important it is for kids to get through the high school years as untainted from drugs and alcohol as possible. Our programs are designed to embolden families to reach out for help regarding the struggles and suffering of teenagers and their families.
Angels at Risk currently provides the following six modalities of support:
1. Parent-Teen support groups (free to Westside community/schools/informal juvenile court)
2. Classroom speakers, and counselors for campus support groups/Lunchtime Educational Meeting and After School Educational Meeting
3. School-based assemblies for parents. School based assemblies for teens.
4. We facilitate in-service workshops (teachers/PTSA/police/community resources/conferences)
5. Angels at Risk generates public awareness via website, events, media, education and 12-step meetings, stories for school newspapers/websites.
6. We provide support with crisis management in collaboration with community drug and alcohol resources.
Our programs have impacted many teenagers and their families directly and countless others indirectly through the ripple effect Angels at Risk has in the community.
By consistently putting out our message, we have watched it spread from child to child, from family to family. The solidity and integrity of our program is evident in the confidence and faith we have gained in the community. We see the problem, we offer a steadfast solution and we create hope through love.
No matter how our lives have been touched by drug and alcohol use and abuse, a soulful solution can always be found by reaching out and helping the child or teenager that is hurting. No teenager, no parent, no family should be alone in the ferocity of addiction. Our wish is to continue to cement our programs so that we may eventually reach our bigger dream.